This list lets you start with today's releases and then go "back in time" to see previous movie and tv show releases on Netflix Costa Rica.
As heavy metal band Metallica tears up the stage, a young roadie is sent on an urgent errand. But his mission soon takes a surreal turn. An iconic rock band. A diligent roadie. A riderless horse. The show rages on — and chaos awaits outside the venue.
- Music, Music & Musicals, Concerts
- Director(s): Nimród Antal
- Actors: Dane DeHaan, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo
Margaret Thatcher, the first female prime minister of Britain, navigates a career destined to change the rules of leadership and politics. There are women who broke down gender walls. And then there's former UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- Movies Based on Real Life, Dramas, British
- Director(s): Phyllida Lloyd
- Actors: Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Olivia Colman, Roger Allam, Susan Brown, Nicholas Farrell, Nick Dunning, Iain Glen, Richard E. Grant
Here are a few movies and shows you can't watch in Costa Rica without a VPN.
We've got step-by-step instructions for how to unlock Netflix around the world.
Celebrate the remarkable 40-year career of influential Canadian rockers Rush with this documentary, which details the band's formation and evolution.
- Music, Music & Musicals, Canadian Movies, Documentary Films
- Director(s): Sam Dunn, Scot McFadyen
Two war buddies fall for two sisters and follow the girls to a resort owned by their former commanding officer, who is in danger of losing the place. These song and dance men bring some holiday cheer to sunny Florida. And woo a couple of lovely ladies in the process.
- Children & Family Movies, Romantic Comedies, Comedies, Romantic Movies, Musicals, Classic Romantic Movies, Classic Movies, Family Features, Music & Musicals
- Director(s): Michael Curtiz
- Actors: Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, Vera-Ellen, Dean Jagger, Mary Wickes, John Brascia, Anne Whitfield, George Chakiris
This documentary on actress and television producer Betty White traces her decades-long career as a woman breaking new ground in entertainment. She's an American treasure. And the first woman to star in a sitcom, produce a national TV show and score an Emmy nod.
- Biographical Documentaries, Documentary Films
- Director(s): Steve Boettcher
- Actors: Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Georgia Engel, Tina Fey, Valerie Harper, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Carl Reiner, Ryan Reynolds, Alex Trebek
When a bold teen mounts a gritty pursuit to dance in a music video, she must also evade child services so she can keep her younger sisters together. She's brash, bright and ready for her spotlight. But today, a harsh reality could blur her goals.
- Social Issue Dramas, Dramas
- Director(s): Sam de Jong
- Actors: Slick Woods, George Sample III, Shaquila Angela Griszell, Danny Hoch, Khris Davis, Jazmyn Davis, Alana Tyler-Tomkins, Fran Jaye
Live from London in a sold-out final show, surviving members of the British comedy troupe reprise old roles and break out in irreverent song and dance. Exploding penguin. "Spam Song." A "Nudge Nudge Wink Wink" remix. All the familiar tunes and sketches. All in one night.
- Comedies, British
- Director(s): Eric Idle
- Actors: John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin
In this animated fantasy, a girl named Bloom befriends a band of fairies, then follows them into the secretive and dangerous "Magical Dimension." Fun adventures and cool new friends are only part of what's great about being a fairy. The universe is so magical!
This true crime tale charts the rise and fall of mobster Danny Greene, who faced down the Mafia to gain control of organized crime in 1970s Cleveland. A seemingly invincible crime boss makes his own rules, but faces a backlash on both sides of the law.
- Movies Based on Real Life, Action & Adventure, Dramas, Independent Movies, Movies Based on Books
- Director(s): Jonathan Hensleigh
- Actors: Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer, Christopher Walken, Linda Cardellini, Fionnula Flanagan, Jason Butler Harner, Vinnie Jones, Paul Sorvino, Marcus Thomas, Tony Darrow
Chris Rock hops around the world going from beauty salons to science labs to comb through the mystery of Black hair. Some go to great lengths to transform their locks. Good hair is big business -- and it comes at a cost.
- Social & Cultural Docs, Documentary Films, Lifestyle
- Director(s): Jeff Stilson
- Actors: Chris Rock, Nia Long, Maya Angelou, Ice-T, Eve, Meagan Good, Al Sharpton, KRS-One, Raven-Symoné